Help me decide which guitar to put my JB in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide which guitar to put my JB in

I've got a JB on its way to me, and i can't quite decide which guitar to put it in. I've got a lp special style guitar, maghogony body with maghogony bolt on neck. This is the guitar I bought the pickup for. The problem is the neck is bad and it buzzes out past the 12th fret. I dont' play past the 12th fret a ton but its still an issue. And then I have a peavey generation series II, flame maple/maghogony body with maple/rosewood neck. It has perfect intonation and would be a nice stable guitar to put the pickup in, but it has the whole active pickup mess, so i'd hafta buy new pots and re-wire the whole mess, and i'm really to lazy and cheap to do that right now so I'd probably just run it straight to the jack. So, after my boring rant ;-) what do you think would be my best bet?
    Last edited by monsukefiend; 09-14-2004, 10:35 PM.

Re: Help me decide which guitar to put my JB in

I WOULD SAY GET THE LP COPY "SET-UP" BY A COMPETANT LEUITHER (SP)
    ITS AN EASY FIX (OR AT LEAST IT SHOULD BE) IF NOT THERE ARE A MILLION
    BOOKS ON HOW TO "SET-UP" YOUR OWN GUITAR, IN FACT GUITAR PLAYER PUBLISHED
    A BOOK ABOUT IT NOT TO LONG AGO. BUT I WOULD SAY STICK THE jb IN THE LP.

STEWIE
    "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Ditto. Set up the LP and stick it in there.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

yup yup - fix the LP and put the JB in it
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I had a luthier check out the neck a few years ago, and he said that with the shape the neck is in, and the value of the guitar that it really wouldn't be worth it. The wood is warped up near the end of the neck and the truss rod has been ineffective in correcting it. A fret leveling might help a little, but I'd probaly still have soem buzzing closer down to the bridge

Comment

Working...
          X