this is giving me a headache(sp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is giving me a headache(sp?)

Alright I've decided I like the alcino 2 pro neck humbucker and want to use it in my les paul. What humbucker for the bridge. I would like something a bit hotter that is able to cover lots of ground when paired with the APH-1. I play new rock and some old rock. I was thinking maby a 59' in the bridge. Would they match up well?

Re: this is giving me a headache(sp?)

what about a Custom custom. It also has A2 mags and is much hotter than the A2P but i hear that they work well together. you should also look at a seth. I think both pickups would match well if placed in the bridge, it all depends on how hot you want it.

As for the 59 i have a set in my bluesbird and i really like the sound, but i don't know how well a 59 would blend with a A2P in the middle position.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Personnaly, if you want to go for a lower output HB, I'd put a Pearly Gates in there.. You'd get more sizzle and a little more of a compressed tone without sacrifying the PAF vibe. A '59 would certainly be a nice choice too but would seem less agressive than the PG. I know some guys will recommend a C5 in there, I'm not a fan of this pick-up but it seems to work wonder for a lot of people in a LP...

Comment

using SD custom custom? not a bad choise, it sounds dry and li'll bit fat(good for brigde). drowning pool's guitarist used it in their new album (forgot the name). brighter than my invader. it's a great pick up either. but if i wanna use it(brigde pick up set on SG-79), i would rather choose my marshall plexi, with open wide of presence. in that case, invader will sound brighter. and what if i use mesa dual rectifier?

Comment

Working...
        X