hot stack question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot stack question

does anybody know without me testing if it's the red or the white wire that goes to the top coil in the hot stack for stratocaster (bridge version). It will save me a few minutes and make my schematic one step closer to correct.

I guessed it was the red since i had a 50/50 shot. also does anybody know if the top coil will be in phase and hum canceling when split in series with a split JB? Again something i can figure out but the less messing around the happier i am
    boreddddddddddd

Re: hot stack question

hmm you guys hiding on me today lol
    boreddddddddddd

Comment

Hey chi3f; I thing I found the thread we were looking for:

Coil spilt - I don't think I did it right!

Scroll down to one of Kent S's answers. It looks like black & white is the "top" coil, so you'ld ground the red/white wire to split using the coil closest to the strings.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
        Hey chi3f; I thing I found the thread we were looking for:

Coil spilt - I don't think I did it right!

Scroll down to one of Kent S's answers. It looks like black & white is the "top" coil, so you'ld ground the red/white wire to split using the coil closest to the strings.
        Yeah, I saw his post, BUT ... here's the thing, I drew a total blank on it, and when I went back thru my notes I couldn't find anything info as to which coil was on top ...No lie, I swear that Kellie or Scott M. gave my confirmation on it, but I can't find it ... Maybe I imagined it ...
        Still I'm 90% sure that's correct (quick check with a meter will verify that),
        I can tell you they are wound TL/TC and have a South polarity (TL/TC means that the bobbin spins CW which means that the wire gets wrapped CCW.
        I assume both coils are wound in the same direction ...that's a 99.999_% surety rating. Maybe I juct filed it in the wrong file ... And now the search begins ...
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Just talked to Jessica in the SD chat. (Jessica of *****bucker fame.)

She'll get an answer tomorrow. (Later today.)

Isn't that real-time live chat a great resource? <=== (Shameless plug)

Comment

Isn't that real-time live chat a great resource? <=== (Shameless plug)
            Wouldn't know, do it, ... just say no ... FWIW,By the time you get an answer you could have tested the pup yourself with your meter...

Comment

oh i know but i am just waiting for my parts to get here (hopefully today) before i rip the guitar apart again and i wanted it to be and mindless as possible when i re-do the wiring
              boreddddddddddd

Comment

alrighty artie i swapped em around in the schematic
                boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
                  alrighty artie i swapped em around in the schematic
                  It occurs to me that the chat room is going to make for some pretty incoherent threads, as half the conversation takes place there, and the other half here.

Comment

lol it's ok just gives people more of a reason to be in the chat room if they wanna know what's going on
                    boreddddddddddd

Comment

Originally posted by Chi3f
                      oh i know but i am just waiting for my parts to get here (hopefully today) before i rip the guitar apart again and i wanted it to be and mindless as possible when i re-do the wiring
                      Oh, I thought you had the parts on hand already, okay, that makes sense now ...

Comment

It occurs to me that the chat room is going to make for some pretty incoherent threads, as half the conversation takes place there, and the other half here.
                        At least do me a favour Artie, and keep the two separate where I'm concerned ...

Comment

Working...
                        X