cover removeal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cover removeal...

When you take the cover off a SD pup, does it still say SEYMOUR DUNCAN on the bobbins? Not that I really care but I'm doing a project that has gotta have a very special look...

Thanks
    The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: cover removeal...

Good question that I don't really know the answer to. My guess is it's just a crapshoot, as are the colors of the bobbins underneath. The cool thing is, you can order the pup you want, in any of the colors offered by SD (incuding double cream) and ask that the logo be applied. The will also either fully pot the cover, or just slip it on for you, so you can slip it off.

There is no extra charge for this...it just takes about 3 weeks and is called a shop floor custom order.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Depends on the pickup. Seths, for example, don't have logos on the bobbins, but I bought a nickel-covered C5 and that did have the logo when I took the cover off.

Jeff's right - you can order what you want.

Also, it's easy to remove the logo. I've done this successfully by rubbing Brasso metal polish over it with a soft cloth. Other people have used toothpaste I believe.

Comment

I actually just use my tounge Simon.....is that wrong?
        My Sound Clips

Comment

When I took the cover off my 59n it had no logo, but it was a double cream shop floor custom. Never specified with or with out logo.
          Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
            I actually just use my tounge Simon.....is that wrong?
            Are we still talking guitar pickups or does that comment belong in the Off Topic area?

Comment

Working...
            X