Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a C5 TB14 fit into a Les Paul.?

Strange question I know.

I've got a TB14 on the way,I'm planning to try it in my Strat bridge position,however if I'm not happy with it in my Strat I'm thinking of trying it in my LPaul bridge......will it fit,will it line up more or less with the LPaul strings.?

Thanks

Re: Will a C5 TB14 fit into a Les Paul.?

Yikes....I'm not sure that the HB route is wide enough, although it might be. Also, the mounting ring for the TB's is wider, so your screw holes may not line up.

I've heard of guys using sandpaper or dremmels to make standard size HB mounting rings accept TB's. That may be your better bet. The string to pole allignment will be off if you get it in, but using a regular spaced HB in a trem guitar rarely makes much of a difference sound wise, so I don't see why the reverse wouldn't be true. It will just be a cosmetic thing.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Thanks Jeff

If I like the C5 in my Strats bridge then I wont be trying it in my LPaul,but I asked the question just in case.

To my ears a Strats single coil bridge position is too bright and too thin,Im hoping the C5 will sound better than the current single coil.....have you heard or played a Strat that had a C5 in the bridge.?

Comment

I just put a c5 trembucker in my 94 goldtop and it fit right in like a glove. Sounds bad ass too.
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
        www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

I've not played the C5 in a strat, although I do have one laying around collecting dust. I have the CC in the bridge of a strat, and have never been happier. The C5 will more resemble a 59', but I've played one of those (59)' in one of my strat copies, and it's great as well, different than the CC, but great. The CC perfectly beefs up the bridge of a strat. I can't really stomach thin strat bridge pups either.
          My Sound Clips

Comment

The C-5 works good in a strat, although you may lose your 2nd position sound, since Duncans and strat pickups are wound in reverse of each other. I like the C-5 in a strat, and have a strat with C-5/Fat 50's. It doesn't have a lot of mids in a strat, but that also means it balances better with your strat's neck pickup. In a LP, C-5's sound almost unbeatable. CC has warmer mids and a creamier top, but the C-5 has tighter, more percussive lows, and the mids and highs are fairly neutral and open sounding.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X