CC for Sambora Strat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC for Sambora Strat???

Been looking to get rid of that "metallic" sorta sound, especially on the b and e strings, due to the floyd. Do you guys think the CC would work.....and not overpower the singles? It seems like the singles are a little hotter anyway. Any other suggestions?? It's got the PAF pro in there now.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Re: CC for Sambora Strat???

The CC would warm it up, as well as the Blues Trembucker, if you need a bit less output than the CC provides.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Hey, that's a great suggestion.....thanks. Any more??

Comment

richie used a JB on all the old bon jovi stuff up untill new jersey if that helps at all
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Originally posted by shred-dog
          richie used a JB on all the old bon jovi stuff up untill new jersey if that helps at all
          Hey Shred, thanks and yeah I think that was when he was using Kramer's. I dug his sound then and do now too. Seems like he's going for lower gain pickups now, ala PAF pro, but he still likes to drive his amps hard. I'm thinking that JB might be really bright/metallic sounding in a strat with floyd bridge though. Just a note, I've got this CD tribute to Muddy Waters with Paul Rodgers singing and a bunch of killer axe slingers (beck, gilmoure, moore,etc)playing the licks. I think I like Sambora's version of little schoolgirl the most, although there are some great licks on it. I just really like his style.

Comment

A JB will not sound really bright/metallic in a floyd bridge strat. I have one in a floyd bridge jackson (cheaper and lighter than most strats) and it sounds thick as and i love it!!!

Nothing like over bright or metallic.
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

I have some clips of it if you like...PM me if you're interested
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

Hey Angus, I may take you up on that. Do you have a tone control/capacitor hooked up to it or is it wide open?? And, is it a 250k pot?? I had a JB wide open in my Les Paul DC and it could get that bright high mid thing going. I imagine with a 250k pot, that would probably make a difference. Although I'm thinking about selling the Sambora because I just don't use trem at all and those Floyd's are a pain IMO. Thinking about getting a regular strat and beefing it up with a JB jr and a nice match with the mid/neck.

Comment

A JBJr is no substitute for a full size JB, it might come sorta in the ball park but its a smaller magnet of a different type (ceramic as opposed to an A5 in the full size version).
                  My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                  X