banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what pickup should i use in the middle?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what pickup should i use in the middle?!?

HS-2 by Dimarzio.

On its own it's has a pretty good traditional Strat tone, but warmer due to it being humbucking. In the second positon with a Hot Rail, you can wire it in series for a fat P.A.F. sound, or wire it in parallel for a throaty Dire Straits tone. Should do the same in the fourth position.

Comment

The Hotrails sounds heaps different in neck compared to the bridge right? And they're both quite, bottom heavy, right? That being said...

What about
      n: Hotrails
      m: Jb Jr. (to compensate for the lack of highs)
      b: Hotrails

???

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Im mostly playing Floyd and Phish type stuff so id like to try to compromise somewhere in the middle of that. The occasional Slayer riff comes out so there is my concern with distortion and hum. Also id like to keep it simple since im new to this...After reading some of these posts and researching this ive realized that this is a serious topic with guitar players. One that i havent given much thought about before since ive been playing banjo for a while now ..thats a whole different thought process in itself...try talking to real banjo players about "tone rings" that will make you insane.
        Thanks for the help fellas...
        "It was a new day yesterday, but it's and old day now."

Comment

I would say vintage rail for the middle it can go clean/spanky as well as decent overdirive sounds.... MHO...

chris
          "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

Working...
          X