Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup for Beck Esquire Replica??

Hi All,

I'm starting to think about building a Jeff Beck Esquire "relic" and was looking for suggestions for a pickup to match the original... information that I have says the original was around 5.6K with raised G and D poles. Any suggestions on the best pickup?? Antiquity '55 bridge...Alnico Pro Lead...Vintage Broadcaster...???
    Thanks for your input!

Best,
    Tom

Re: Pickup for Beck Esquire Replica??

i say the antiquity 55 but it comes with a stock wind of about 6.5-6.7k. i don't think you can beat the tone of the antiquity pickups
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

MJ will make you one in the custom shop just like the one in the Esquire, it will cost you $150.00...it sounds great, it's not a punchy as you might think but it does have a killer sound, mated with an AC-30, and a tonebender you can nail the JB eara Yardbirds!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Hi guys and thanks for the info...would you think that there's enough difference between an Antiquity bridge and the custom shop Esquire replica to warrent the higher price?? I have a set of Antiquitys in my current tele, so I have an idea of what the bridge sounds like...TIA!

Best,
        Tom

Comment

I almost don't wanna supply this link, since I'd contemplated winning this auction.....but I probably won't, so if you're serious BID TO WIN THIS!!!!
          It IS the Jeff Beck Esquire pickup. Same as the one used on Guitar Shop.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
          X