Advantages of angled bridge hbcker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages of angled bridge hbcker?

What does and angled bridge pickup do for you?
    Last edited by YJM_Rocks; 09-23-2004, 05:29 PM.
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Re: Advantages of angled bridge hbcker?

an angled pickup makes the pickup emphasize highs or lows, depending on which way it is angled.

Comment

and they look sweet too.

Comment

angled bridge HB? i can only think of the jagstang and a couple of the pointy guitars of the 80's...

remember the polepieces have to stay aligned - failing that, bar or rail-based pickups like the EMG actives or duncan rails would have to do

Comment

Originally posted by Imp
          angled bridge HB? i can only think of the jagstang and a couple of the pointy guitars of the 80's...

remember the polepieces have to stay aligned - failing that, bar or rail-based pickups like the EMG actives or duncan rails would have to do
          Squire supersonic also

Comment

And the Gibson Nighthawk, anyone remember them?
            "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

touche

also anything strat or tele related with an aftermarket bridge rail- these are getting mighty common.

most of them are slanted to emphasise the treble strings i think - might explain why strats have the twang and les pauls are more balanced..
              Last edited by Imp; 09-24-2004, 05:24 AM.

Comment

AFAIK the reason that the neck humbucker was originally angled was so that the pole pieces of a reg. spaced humbcker better lined up w/ the strings on a floyd equipped guitar.
                Matt

Comment

aaaaaaaah that makes sense!

that also explains why theyre not so common now, if you can just choose which version you're after

i reckon theres also a volume balancing issue if one end of the pickup is closer to trhe bridge, less string movement = less inductance = less volume

still, good call. didnt think about that.

Comment

someone told me once the reason Leo Fender slanted his bridge singles was to enhance the bass on the bass strings and the highs on the high strings...

someone else told me EVH slanted his humbuckers so they poles would line up.

I bet the real reason people started using slanted humbuckers was 'cuz sometimes it's easier to just ream your pickguard
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                    X