Wobbly Pick-ups!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Pick-ups!!!!

Does it matter if the pick-ups are not in secure and wobble about a little bit?
    I have installed a Dimazio Fred and PAF Pro in my Ibanez RG1570 and to get
    the pups to the recommened height of 3mm below the strings they are unstable. Will this affect the sound?? If it does what is the best material to put underneath the pups to stabilize them?? I could tighten them up but the
    pups will be about 8mm below the strings!!!!!
    Ibanez RG1570 Dimarzio PAF Joe, MoJoe and Fast track1, Aria PE DLX (stock)

Re: Wobbly Pick-ups!!!!

Try putting some foam (like the foam inserts you get in Seymour Duncan pickup boxes) in the cavities under the pickups.

Comment

stronger springs? or that surgical tubing that some guys have mentioned..

Comment

I either try other springs or I use foam pads. My wife has a bag of foam facial pads that come in various shapes, thicknesses, and sizes. They work perfectly. Pickups that don't sit parallel under the strings drives me nuts also, so you are not alone.

Comment

Theres no springs on these they just screw into the wood and are balanced
          on a plinth underneath the pick-up, hence they wobble about. Think i will remove them and stick them on a bit of foam and try that!!
          Ibanez RG1570 Dimarzio PAF Joe, MoJoe and Fast track1, Aria PE DLX (stock)

Comment

I always liked what schaller did, they have pups that has two screws on each side
            for NO wobble and this allows you to angle the pup with the strings as well!
            carvin offers two on one side of the pup

here take a look

SCHALLER

CARVIN

Comment

Working...
            X