Duncan Metal LiveWires: Pros, Cons, Comments, Feedback, Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Metal LiveWires: Pros, Cons, Comments, Feedback, Opinions

I need an aggressive sharp metal tone (similiar to Slayer).

Go for it.

Thanks guys
    :firing: :cop:

:headbang:

Re: Duncan Metal LiveWires: Pros, Cons, Comments, Feedback, Opinions

i'll say what i said before.. anyone who tried them was never heard of again.. or chimes in occasionally when the LWHM's let him out of the cage.. noone has yet tamed them. they got their own soul for crissake.. it screams mass carnage.

just listen to the sound samples and compare.. a JB and the LW.. the JB has a good defined crunch, where the LW just chews the amp up and spits out full metal mayhem

i hope that was descripting enough, now i gotta hide before they come after me >.<
    Last edited by Davey; 09-28-2004, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I like the Metal Livewire in the bridge, but I think the neck is pretty useless. Even in the bridge, its a one trick pony.
      I know this will get flamed pretty hard, but I think EMGs with the 18v mod are superior to the Livewire Metals.
      Besides... Jeff & Kerry both use EMGs (Kerry is 81/85, Jeff 81/81) so if that's the sound you're after...
      Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 09-28-2004, 04:54 PM.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        I know this will get flamed pretty hard, but I think EMGs with the 18v mod are superior to the Livewire Metals.
        Ditto. I've never found any to audition, but from reading user reviews and listening to the sites own soundclips, I'm not overly impressed with the LW series pickups.

Besides... Jeff & Kerry both use EMGs (Kerry is 81/85, Jeff 81/81) so if that's the sound you're after...
        Don't buy a Marshall thinking it'll sound like a Mesa....
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
          i'll say what i said before.. anyone who tried them was never heard of again..

Maybe you meant me?
          I used the live wire, but i have no guitar, where i like it as a set!
          Where i like the metal (bridge) LW, i don't like the neck (classic) LW.
          And on other guitars the Live wire metal is too middy, not useful clean, and even not in center position, cause the bridge LW overpowers the Neck LW in output... There i like the neck LW, but not the bridge LW.
          It also isn't versatile. Only a metal Bridge PU.
          Pickups... the final frontier.
          These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
          Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by Inge Malmstein
            Maybe you meant me?
            I used the live wire, but i have no guitar, where i like it as a set!
            Where i like the metal (bridge) LW, i don't like the neck (classic) LW.
            And on other guitars the Live wire metal is too middy, not useful clean, and even not in center position, cause the bridge LW overpowers the Neck LW in output... There i like the neck LW, but not the bridge LW.
            It also isn't versatile. Only a metal Bridge PU.
            no, i ment charvel lol

Comment

That's the problem with the LW:
              Somehow i like the pickup for its powerfull distortion, with less gain it has a classic metal tone; but it lacks so much versatility. No clean sound, No warm sound, too much mids...
              It depends on the guitar.
              Pickups... the final frontier.
              These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
              Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
              X