Dial-a-tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dial-a-tap

Since there are a couple of threads about the "spin-a-split" with humbuckers, I thought it would be a good idea to mention that the schematic in "Support - Tech Tips" does not work for an adjustable tap on an S-D single coil.

This diagram shows how to use a SP/DT switch to tap a single coil. You select either the white (full coil) or red (partial coil) lead as hot.

To get a dial-a-tap, wire as follows:

Pot #3 - white & wire to switch
    Pot #2 (wiper) - red
    Pot #1 - empty

As I mentioned in one of the other threads, a 100k pot worked much better for a dial-a-tap with a Quarter Pound in a strat. I do want to make it a "no load" pot to ensure that I'm getting the full output of the QP at "10".

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

good stuff chip ... thanks !!

and damn, that is one fine looking guitar in your avatar

have a good weekend
    cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
    X