how much will this affect the sound of the pickups? Neck pickup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much will this affect the sound of the pickups? Neck pickup issue

On my ESP EC-1000 the neck pickup is not parallel to the strings due to the way the body was carved. You should be able to see it in the pictures. My question is, how much is this going to affect the way the pickup sounds because one coil is closer to the strings than the other?
    Last edited by Xeromus; 10-01-2004, 10:06 PM.

Re: how much will this affect the sound of the pickups? Neck pickup issue

c'mon guys, at least a few suggestions please

Comment

It should be fine. If it is a problem then you can always put some foam underneath the pickup.
      Owner:
      Slamo Custom Guitars
      Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

i get that on my 540s bridge pup .. foam did the trick
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Not a big deal, but I didn't like it in my Paul, so I too did the foam trick.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have the same thing with my sg, but I cant be bothered putting foam underneath at the mo anyway I cant tell any difference in sound or response. To any other guitars Ive played
            PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
            1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
            Blackstar HT-5
            2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
            Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Working...
            X