banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I go about doing this the right way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I go about doing this the right way?

Alright, so I am sitting here with a SSS Aerodyne Strat and a HSS Fat Strat.

I'm trying to figure out what the best combination of pickups and on which Strat I should do it to get this sound.

I want to be able to play Surf guitar with the Neck/Mid combination and yet I want to still be able to get a deep throaty Misfits punk sound out of my Bridge pickup.

I'm new to SD pickups, but I understand the Antiquity II's are probably what I'm looking for to fill the Neck/Mids...

But should I stick with the blacked out Aerodyne and put in a single coil at the bridge, or would it be better to put a humbucker into the Fat Strat and change the Neck/Bridge on that?

I am trying not to compromise either sound (punk, surf).

You people have any suggestions??? I'm open to anything right now. I don't want to get started wrong!

Re: How do I go about doing this the right way?

dude..Ant IIs...there called Surfers.....lol, and they do alot more than just surf supposedly
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

trhere are several ways to do this, I pm'ed you with one of them...hit me back
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Like I said. New to pickups. Been playing vintage for a long while now. I'll check for the message. New to this site, too... As you probably all can tell.

Comment

Alright I even confused myself here...

Basically I'm looking to combine my Standard HSS with the sound of the '62 Strat and get both sounds into one guitar. I could have taken the neck/mid pickups out of the '62 but that would have been blasphemy, so...

...to make a long story short. I have an HSS that I want to make it into a Surf/Punk guitar. What are some suggestions on what would be the best pickup combination to get the job done?

Thx

Comment

Well, after playing around with some different combos, I've decided to go with

Antiquity II Surfers in the Neck/Mid
            JB in the Bridge HB

I'm sure you are all so glad for me!

Serious though. Interesting blend. Thinking about putting in a coil tap and split it up to get some strange sounds.

Curious, has anyone here used these together in a set?

Comment

i was going to suggest that exact combo dude..... also get a switch to split the JB...

it will be exactly what you want, punk and surf in the same guitar
              http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
              >cord<
              1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

yep be sure to get a coil split
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid
                How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Working...
                X