banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I go about doing this the right way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuntius
    replied
    Re: How do I go about doing this the right way?

yep be sure to get a coil split

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

i was going to suggest that exact combo dude..... also get a switch to split the JB...

it will be exactly what you want, punk and surf in the same guitar

Leave a comment:

replied

Well, after playing around with some different combos, I've decided to go with

Antiquity II Surfers in the Neck/Mid
    JB in the Bridge HB

I'm sure you are all so glad for me!

Serious though. Interesting blend. Thinking about putting in a coil tap and split it up to get some strange sounds.

Curious, has anyone here used these together in a set?

Leave a comment:

replied

Alright I even confused myself here...

Basically I'm looking to combine my Standard HSS with the sound of the '62 Strat and get both sounds into one guitar. I could have taken the neck/mid pickups out of the '62 but that would have been blasphemy, so...

...to make a long story short. I have an HSS that I want to make it into a Surf/Punk guitar. What are some suggestions on what would be the best pickup combination to get the job done?

Thx

Leave a comment:

replied

Like I said. New to pickups. Been playing vintage for a long while now. I'll check for the message. New to this site, too... As you probably all can tell.

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented
    replied

trhere are several ways to do this, I pm'ed you with one of them...hit me back

Leave a comment:

• flank
    replied

dude..Ant IIs...there called Surfers.....lol, and they do alot more than just surf supposedly

Leave a comment:

started a topic How do I go about doing this the right way?

How do I go about doing this the right way?

Alright, so I am sitting here with a SSS Aerodyne Strat and a HSS Fat Strat.

I'm trying to figure out what the best combination of pickups and on which Strat I should do it to get this sound.

I want to be able to play Surf guitar with the Neck/Mid combination and yet I want to still be able to get a deep throaty Misfits punk sound out of my Bridge pickup.

I'm new to SD pickups, but I understand the Antiquity II's are probably what I'm looking for to fill the Neck/Mids...

But should I stick with the blacked out Aerodyne and put in a single coil at the bridge, or would it be better to put a humbucker into the Fat Strat and change the Neck/Bridge on that?

I am trying not to compromise either sound (punk, surf).

You people have any suggestions??? I'm open to anything right now. I don't want to get started wrong!
Working...
X