Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maton MS-500 Replacement PU's???

Hey all,

I have a Maton MS-500 electric that I love very much. It feels great and has some pretty awesome features to it. However, I'm growing tired of the low output, muddy tone this thing delivers.

When I contacted Maton regarding replacement pickups for their totally sealed stock pickups, they said that they don't make any other kind of variation for that style. Nor, does anyone else. Is this true? I know that I could mod the guitar to accomidate a standard humbucker if I wanted to... But I don't. I hate the look of mods. Especially on this guitar.

So what can I do to heat up these pickups a bit? Again, it's totally sealed. It literally looks like a chrome soapbar all the way around, except for the poles on one side.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by ocifersven; 10-02-2004, 07:58 AM.

Re: Maton MS-500 Replacement PU's???

at first glance, i thought they were p-90s with chrome covers! anyways, emg and dimarzio has p-90s version of their humbuckers and that looked somewhat similar in size (chrome covers aside). not sure about their dimensions, but i suggest measuring the dimensions of your pickup and check with the respective techs if their pickups fit. you may have to do some customizing of your pickup cavity though.

alternatively, you can have your pickup custom-made by steven kersting. drop by his site www.skguitars.com for more details
    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Comment

Re: Maton MS-500 Replacement PU's???

Hey iv had my ms 500 for about 4 yrs now, yeh the stock bridge pup is a piece of sh it. Too bad cos everything about this guitar is beautiful...

I had a jb put in the bridge and am thinking about replacing the neck but am in no hurry... the guy had to cut into it a bit to fit it ....i think it looks mad with the black jb..

As for modding it ...id have no idea

Comment

Working...
      X