Duncan Distortion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Distortion question

What is the difference between the SH-6/TB-6??? forgive me if that sounds stupid but i got no clue... i want a duncan distortion for my bridge pick up on my ESP Viper... set bridge.

which one should i order?

Re: Duncan Distortion question

The tb6 is the tremelo version of the sh6, Refering to the pole piece spacing. I would get the TB6 model if u have a floyd Rose equipped gat, or a guitar with a tremelo that has more spacing between the pole pieces than a standard fixed bridge. Either way if you get the wrong one, the pickup still sounds and works fine, maybe not on a Floyd, but on most standard tremelos.

For a standard bridge Id order the Standard sh6
    PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
    1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
    Blackstar HT-5
    2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
    Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Re: Duncan Distortion question

I've got a non trem spaced Distortion on a guitar with a Floyd and there is no volume dropoff what so ever. It is purely a cosmetic issue as the pickup is hot enough to pick up the string vibration even if it is not directly over the pole piece.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
      X