AIIPro and 59b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIIPro and 59b

After looking at the various pick-up options, I'm thinking of using an AIIPro in the neck of my Epi LP and a 59 in the bridge. I play primarily with cleans and do lots of bluesy and jazzy stuff. However, I also play a lot of classic rock (mostly Zeppelin, Cream) and need good distortion as well. I want a very smooth and sweet distortion tone, one without any buzz, but one that can also give a little blues snarrel. What I DON'T want is a compressed and artificial sounding tone. I want a transparent, organic tone that is warm, but has some "twang" to it. So, what d'ya think? Will the AIIPro (neck) and 59 (bridge) work well for this tone and will they complement each other well?

Thanks!
    Check out my music here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=647174

Re: AIIPro and 59b

I'd just go with the set of either pickup, that is, APH set or 59 set. Personally, I like the APH much more than the 59.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

If you like slashes tone I would recommend the A2pro both neck and bridge for a paul, definelty smooth, and creamy, and articulate and good under gain.
      PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
      1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
      Blackstar HT-5
      2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
      Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

The 59 Bridge has a clear, but also fat tone. But i can't compare it with the A2pro bridge.
        That's an interesting question about a AII and A-V combo.
        I thought about a jazz neck - CC combo.
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
        X