Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz Bridge 7 as a distortion pickup?

Hi.

I'm looking for a seven string distortion pickup with a (maybe a bit dark) fat growly tone. It will be used in an Ibanez. At first i thought of a DD, but i fear that this will be to bright or screamy, since the guitar is rather light. What about a Jazz in the bridge? Has anyone got experience with this?

Re: Jazz Bridge 7 as a distortion pickup?

If you want a fat, growly tone from your bridge position, I would stay away from the Jazz. The Jazz will be bright and clean. Maybe a Custom would do you.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

A Custom would do. I have one in my RG1527 and it sounds like what you're looking for. Although I'd be interested in hearing a Distortion 7 in the bridge of a 7 string. What Ibanez is this going into?
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Saber 7 string. Not well known, there are 450 of these made. Follow this link to see a picture (not mine).

Comment

How about a Tone Zone?

Comment

Working...
          X