Here are the particulars......

BODY Alder
    NECK Bolt-On Maple
    NECK DIMENSIONS 1st Fret: .775”, 12th Fret: .910”
    BRIDGE JT390 Adjustable Bridge with Strings-Through-Body
    STRINGS NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
    SCALE LENGTH 25.5”
    WIDTH AT NUT 1-11/16”

Based on my past experience with an EMG 81 in my old RX10D, I have decided to go with a JB in the bridge and a Jazz for the neck. Based on the specs and materials, are those pickups a good fit for the guitar? I'm a beginner player that plays heavy metal and hard rock.

Cheers!
    Last edited by cracka; 10-05-2004, 03:06 AM.

Re: Recommended pickups - Jackson JS30KV

Someone? Anyone?

Comment

A JB/Jazz combo would work for the tone you're looking for. I personally was never a fan of the JB (especially in alder). I much prefer the sound of the Distortion. It is more versatile than a lot of people think, but it can do hard rock/metal to a "T".
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I was afraid that I'd get the same result as I got with an EMG81 in the bridge of an alder body, and that was crap. Which pickups would be a suitable alternative to the JB in the bridge of an alder guitar?

Comment

Well, I've got a Distortion in a poplar guitar which is tonally similar to alder. I don't think you can go wrong with the Distortion but it's all a matter of opinion anyway. Just remember that Duncan offers a 21 day exchange trial period.
          Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
          X