banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jazz neck A2Pro bridge in heritage 150 (LP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz neck A2Pro bridge in heritage 150 (LP)

For a complete (with the pup exception) rundown on my heritage check the guitar shop either today or tommorrow.

Luke

Jazz Double crème bobbins:

This pup is in the neck of my heritage 150 and is uncovered.

It has a very nice chime to it. The treble cuts through nice mids and bass. It is described accurately as articulate. It has a pristine clean through a fender vibro champ black face. My bass player said this pup is everything in a neck pup he has never heard but wanted to.Sounds good for clean rhythm strumming or single note runs. Distorted it sounds fairly thick and warm but the bass isn't very tight (with my amp probably due to the tube recto) so I had to turn up the treble and down the bass. This pup sings best (for lead playing) high on the neck. This pup is what a neck humbucker should be without the boomy neck sound that you can get with a 59. This is NOT a high output pickup so any lead playing with the neck pickup should have the volume wide open.

Alnico Two Pro double crème bobbins:

Same guitar but bridge position.

This pup has an incredibly distinct character. It's hard to really know this pup b/c it sounds different (on my amp) at lower volumes. Different is not bad. As my particular amp is cranked it adds gain and some treble. So I have to reign in the treble with my tone knob. This pickup has a great thick solid sound for lead and rythym in the bridge position...or neck if you wanted. It has a nice spike in the mids but not overly strong, but I like a lot of mids. The pup without the booster pedal drives the amp fairly well. When I turn on the pedal it's just a melt down of sorts.

When these pups are mixed you get a very nice, even, well rounded sound. I think these pups complement each other nicely. The bain of one is the boon of the other. Mixed these pups cant do any lead OR rythym work required so if you can hit that switch don't sweat it just pick a little harder for the volume. Generally I have my neck pup on 7 and bridge on 10...unless I'm playing clean then it just depends how much I have to turn it down.

All and all I give these pups a thumbs up for....well everything!

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Re: Jazz neck A2Pro bridge in heritage 150 (LP)

and a <BUMP> for good measure
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
    X