Burstbucker Pro compared to 490s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burstbucker Pro compared to 490s?

I've searched all I can about BB Pros and I've learned alot, but I have some more questions.

How does the Gibson BB Pro compare to the 490?

The only guitar I've ever owned that sounds good with 490s is a Les Paul Studio I just got. I like the smoothness and overall tone, but it's a little buzzy with gain.

How do the BB Pros compare to some other Duncans?

My favorite Duncan pickups are Custom Customs, Pearly Gates (neck) and Customs pretty much in that order. I'm not a big JB fan.

Thanks
    Last edited by ratkent; 10-06-2004, 01:03 AM.

Re: Burstbucker Pro compared to 490s?

bump

Comment

I'm not sure what the difference between the BB's and the BB Pro's is, but I can tell you that I bought a guitar with BB's in it and returned it an hour later, because the tone was so bad. With that said, I can tolerate the 490's.

Comment

I just tried the 490s that came in my studio with a goldtop classic and they had this noise about them in the high mids but the same pickup sounds prettty good but a little muffled in the les paul studio. I also took the c5 from the goldtop and tried it in the studio. It sounds good on the lows but the highs are a little thin but not too annoying. The c5 sounded best in my schecter c1 but the goldtop classic sounds real good with the c5 also but a little thin. I am thinking of trying the 500t in the classic and the studio stock with the 498t in the bridge and the 490 in the neck that pickup realy sounds good on the neck position. Someone told me to try the bb3 or rio grande bbq?? What are those pickups about?
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
        www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
          I'm not sure what the difference between the BB's and the BB Pro's is, but I can tell you that I bought a guitar with BB's in it and returned it an hour later, because the tone was so bad. With that said, I can tolerate the 490's.
          BB's have A2 magnets and BB Pro's have an A-5 magnet, when they first came out I believe they were called BB-V's for that reason.

Comment

Working...
          X