Slash CS pickups are in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slash CS pickups are in!

from what info i got from the cs is slash came to them and he wanted a aph1 but wanted to make it better. when slash gets a set of aph1's the custom shop ones are the ones he gets.

Comment

Perfectly clear.

Ced777

Comment

Originally posted by bognerboy
        just got back from playing my lp with the cs slash pickups through my classic. wow, i absolutely love it. i liked the tone of the aph1's already but these just take that tone and make it more authentic/vintage sounding. there is quite a bit more harmonic content and top end, and it seems to have a little bit tighter bottom and a touch more mids. i really like the output of these because they're a little bit hotter than stock aph1's. i think it really nails a classic paf tone. the biggest improvement for me was the neck pickup. with the tighter bottom and a more open top end, the neck pickup just sang. the pickups still have that aph1 warmness to it but they just cut better. they are extremely rich sounding and complex sounding. thanks alot mj.
        How they compare to boutique PAF replica? (WCR, and so on...)

Ced777

Comment

adrian is using dimarzio PAF's in his strats since the reunion in 98-ish, i doubt he has em in ALL of his guitars, cos some tunes he's playing sound awfully close to my JB ( i know i can nail his tones from BNW spot on, without much amp tweaking)

if he's using them, they might be the older run (like the one stevo is 'auctioning' off at the off topic forum. i doubt it's a custom wind, but i could be wrong. you'd have to ask Evan

Comment

Originally posted by Boleslaw Gers 666
            Thanks a ton. And who is Evan.
            Evan Skopp, Forum Administrator and Vice President of Marketing for Seymour Duncan
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by bognerboy
              from what info i got from the cs is slash came to them and he wanted a aph1 but wanted to make it better. when slash gets a set of aph1's the custom shop ones are the ones he gets.

How do these pups compare to the A2P's?

Comment

Working...
              X