questions about antiquity humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: questions about antiquity humbuckers

np. lew said they should be here by tuesday or wednesday. I will just keep this thread going.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Glad to see you joining the antiquity club! Let us know of what you think.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

well Doc, you asked for it.

I just got my humbuckers installed and it took me way too long. I was really excited to hear what the antiquities could do for my bluesbird. It already sounded great. I could get a really good clapton or page imitation if i tried, but where it really shined was playing straight forward rock. great cutting tone with the 59's, but sometimes it seemed too bright. The antiquites take the best qualities as far as i am concerned and put them all in one pickup. I love a vintage tone and these definately have that, they are also very smooth and clear at the same time. I get great thick overdriven tones, and overdriven is where these pickups really shine. They go from clean to smooth syrupy and overdriven with very little effort. They really are all i could want in my bluesbird, they make it shine and sparkle and grind like a great guitar should.

Hopefully i can get something like a flat topped lp special or something like that for the 59's, but if i even get one of the historic LP's like i want, i will be using another set of antiquities and i may even try you magnet swap Doc, A5 in the bridge.

Thanks for talking me into these pickups guys, especially Darrin, Lew, and Doc.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Guilty as charged!

Great to hear that you like them.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Scott, great news bro!!! If you're like me, I found a new appreciation for the pups every time I played them, still do. The whole line of Antiquity pups from Seymour just nail it. Talkin' about some mojo. SHEEEEET!!! Keep us updated as you discover more of the nuances of these great pups. Whew!!!! Rock on!!!

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
              Ants are soft. But clear, and very 3d, deep indeed. They are the best in what they do. Moreover, after a mag swap they rival and sometimes beat the insanely expensive boutique PAF clones. I love my a5/a3's as much as I love my timbuckers and rolphs.

B

What kind of mag swap did you do? Aren't you supposed ta be over on Cyberjammin?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernShred
                What kind of mag swap did you do? Aren't you supposed ta be over on Cyberjammin?

i will answer for doc since i know his magnet selection. He uses an A5 mag in the bridge pickup and an A3 mag in the neck.
                Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
                X