2002/03 Sg special needs pick-ups!..HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002/03 Sg special needs pick-ups!..HELP

Hey gang.I'm MARK.I'm new here.Anyway,I bought a Gibson SG special(2002/03) and the pick-ups are horrible.(Thanks Gibson).I knew the pick-ups were weak when I bought it, but I got it for the body and neck.Anyway I hear burstbucker is too harsh and bright.This guitar is half the weight of an SG standard.It's a mahogany body.I'm putting a sh-2 jazz in the neck.But in bridge,should I go SH-4 JB or SH-5 Duncan custom?I'm lookin'for a mix of Angus Young 1980 tone mixed with Eddie VH 78/80 sound.(Origional huh?....who isn't?)......Anyway,what do you guys think..........www.markfloresmusic.com(click the sights..cool stuff)THANX ALL !!!!!

Re: 2002/03 Sg special needs pick-ups!..HELP

For an SG (bridge pickup RIGHT by the bridge - potential to sound thin) I would go for the JB (more mids than the Custom). Those mids will thicken your tone a lot.

Although the Jazz is a GREAT match, the extra balls and less bass of the Pearly Gates works really well (better in my opinion) with the JB.

Just my taste mind you.

PS: I'm Marc too...... with a "C".
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
    buggjuice.net
    MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
    X