banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a full sized humbucker that is like the hot rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a full sized humbucker that is like the hot rails?

Hey guys,

I was wondering what full sized duncan pickup would sound close to the hot rails?
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: Is there a full sized humbucker that is like the hot rails?

judging by the EQ provided in the tone chart the closest to the hot rails seems the invader

Comment

Invader

Comment

i own both & they sound pretty close but the Invader's midrange is warmer. i love it to bits...
        Psychic Horns

Comment

Why not just use a real hotrails?

Comment

IM the oppostite i got a hot rail because i wanted the sound of the invader haha trade you!
            Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Originally posted by wasteofo2
              Why not just use a real hotrails?
              I do have a hot rails and I love it! The reason I was asking is because I don't know if I like the Duncan Custom in my Epi SG. I'm starting to think it's too bassy for me. I love the sounds I get out of my Cort with the hotrails and am hoping I could go for something like that for my SG.
              -Tom

Vox VT15
              Washburn D10SCE

Comment

The Invader has more bass than a Custom, i tried both in the same guitar. The Invader is like a bassy ballsy Hot Rails. Maybe you should try a Distortion for a similar sound to a hot rails with less bass.
                PRS Singlecuts
                Epiphone Sheraton II
                Vintage acoustics

Comment

Originally posted by Push to Shuv
                  The Invader has more bass than a Custom, i tried both in the same guitar. The Invader is like a bassy ballsy Hot Rails. Maybe you should try a Distortion for a similar sound to a hot rails with less bass.
                  Thanks Push to Shuv! I think I may look into the Distortion. Any others I should consider? Would the Custom Custom be a good pick?
                  -Tom

Vox VT15
                  Washburn D10SCE

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom
                    Thanks Push to Shuv! I think I may look into the Distortion. Any others I should consider? Would the Custom Custom be a good pick?
                    Your welcome. Others you might like are the JB which wouldnt be as gritty as the hot rails but gives a great sound. I havent tried the Custom Custom yet...i just received one and i will put it in a guitar soon and let you know how it sounds. I do know that it has a lot of midrange and is a fairly smooth sounding pickup. Id say the closest to a Hot Rails with less bass is definately a Distortion.
                    PRS Singlecuts
                    Epiphone Sheraton II
                    Vintage acoustics

Comment

I have a hotrails in my fender, and just put a Dimebucker in my Les Paul. Not exactly the same, but I'd say its darn close. Dimebucker or Distortion would probably be the closest thing to hotrails.

Comment

Working...
                      X