Now this is a nice vintage SD '59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is a nice vintage SD '59

NOTE: this is not my ebay auction (because I am not stupid enough to sell it), but it is great for people who dont know what old SD stickers look like on the bottom of p-ups. Notice the resistance of 8.4. All of the old SD '59's seem to be wound around 8.5 (at least all of mine do) and yet today the spec sheet for the new ones say 8.13?

I dig the double cream too!

ENJOY!
    Last edited by psychodave; 10-08-2004, 06:19 AM.

Re: Now this is a nice vintage SD '59

Yummy. Throw in an Alnico II mag, and I'd be set.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have a buch of Duncans from the early days... I bet Seymour wound them all himself back then... lots of MOJO!
      P.S. i I may be selling a vintage JB... double black with the sticker that say "THE JB MODEL" on the bottom... anybody interested?
      Last edited by BachToRock; 10-08-2004, 01:26 PM.
      GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Originally posted by BachToRock
        I have a buch of Duncans from the early days... I bet Seymour wound them all himself back then... lots of MOJO!
        P.S. i I may be selling a vintage JB... double black with the sticker that say "THE JB MODEL" on the bottom... anybody interested?
        I may be... how much?
        You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

$150.00 shipped
          GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

$150.00 shipped
            ouch... the price for vintage... sorry. I've got 500 in the bank, car work waiting and bass half payed for, 150's a bit out of my range.
            You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

I have one too.

The other guy I play guitar with has about 10 old '59's and JB's. The each have very old and weird looking stickers. He even has the original boxes for them. They ALL sound completely different than todays versions ( a lot better) and have different resistances as well.

Comment

Working...
              X