help me choose a bridge pup for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me choose a bridge pup for...

my strat...ive already got a 59n i need something for the bridge...was thinking of either the JB or the CC......again, this is an alder strat with a rosewood fretboard, will be running it through an 81 JCM 800 2204 with 6550s stock, and an occasional OD-1 and Vox wah. I play mostly 80s metal with a lot of 70s hardrock, Thin Lizzy, Bad co., Zep, UFO..etc....thanks guys!!!

Re: help me choose a bridge pup for...

i think a jb would be best for those styles punchy mids and a tight bottom really cut thru

Comment

Re: help me choose a bridge pup for...

Originally posted by samuel
      my strat...ive already got a 59n i need something for the bridge...was thinking of either the JB or the CC......again, this is an alder strat with a rosewood fretboard, will be running it through an 81 JCM 800 2204 with 6550s stock, and an occasional OD-1 and Vox wah. I play mostly 80s metal with a lot of 70s hardrock, Thin Lizzy, Bad co., Zep, UFO..etc....thanks guys!!!

Hey Samuel,

Welcome to the board!!! I think you're on the right track as far as the 2 pups you're considering. I think both would get the job done for the music you play. I own both pups, although they aren't in a Strat, I've heard and also read on the forum here about many folks being pleased with both in your type guitar. I guess if I had to choose between the two, I like the CC better, a little more midrange punch and less brightness on the high end. At least to my ears. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Working...
      X