Review of Screaming Demon in Ibanez Roadstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review of Screaming Demon in Ibanez Roadstar

This a lovely guitar witch sound really big acoustically, and for me it is a good start .So i changed the sh6 in the bridge for Tb 12 Demon and was half pleased . Strong pick attack as expected but still treebles cutting like knifes .
    So i removed the black allen pole pieces and put the big pole pieces of a gibson 490 and it cured a bit of this unpleasing "klong" that you hear when you hit the sring , so it is a bit more polite , but those treeble still need some caution ...
    So for those who might need to try it ...
    I thought as well to put a A4 or A3 but never done it: do you need to worry about the size/power of the magnet as well ?
    by

Re: Review of Screaming Demon in Ibanez Roadstar

Hey didn't you put a Demon in the neck of a guitar and replaced the allen heads with allen heads from a DiMarzio Humbucker From Hell?
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Re: Review of Screaming Demon in Ibanez Roadstar

Yes and the demon is still in the neck of the wonderfull Gibson MIII with the custom5 in bridge and classic strat stack neck in the middle ; that make a wonderfull guitar. But i recently bought an Ibanez roadstar of 85 for 300 euros
      very cheep , nearly new , flamed mapple table under blue translucid varnish , amazing piece of crafmanship as it said on the head , much better than any RG guitars to look and play. So i had spares SD jazz and SD demon trembucker that i tried in the gibson previously , wasn't fully pleased , but in the roadstar it sound fuller and still precise , and i added an stks1 .
      The gibson is round and warm with somptuous basses , enough mids and warm treebles , the Roadstar is more agressive and made for fast riffs and ripping solos .
      But i will still say that the demon in bridge is still a hard beast to control !

Comment

Working...
      X