Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan performer and 59 model humbucker

Dear All,
    I am new to guitar building and have these 2 humbuckers. The Performer detonator only has the one lead and I want to use the 4 250K pots - 2 as tone and vol. for each pickup. Then I only have to buy a selector switch and jack.
    I don't see a wiring diagram for the single wire and the 4 wire pickups together. Any help appreciated.
    MBR

Re: Duncan performer and 59 model humbucker

get the two seperate schemes for the four & the one plus a 2 humbucker/2tone/2vol/switch or paul wiring and combine them at the switch (IE wire the pickups seperately and then use the schemes for the pual/SG to connect the pickups through the switch) um... I'll be back with the diagram
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

this is assuming the Preformer is the bridge (which if it isn't, you crazy!) I got the info as a composite from the duncan site, if I'm wrong, someone correct me! I think 4 conductor it's green = hot and black = ground then the red & white are what you use to split and phase the pickup. Right? So, just wire it with the red & white unused and use the green & black as a single conductor. Now do you get it? Just don't let the red & white ground out. I guess, insolate them with something, like electrical tape or something.
      Last edited by Indie P Bass; 10-09-2004, 12:15 AM.
      You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

indie p bass is right with the diagram, just connect the red and white and tape them off and you basically have two single conductor pickups. Good luck
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Thanks, guys,
          I didn't want to spend any more $$ right now ie push pull pots etc. Just see if I can get it together with the stuff I have, then more ideal later.

MBR
          I

Comment

Working...
          X