No announcement yet.

Rio Grande BBQ in Neck of Strat. Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande BBQ in Neck of Strat. Work?

Will a Rio Grande BBQ work in the neck position of a strat?

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Rio Grande BBQ in Neck of Strat. Work?

What are you putting in the bridge? I would think it would be too high in output and too dark in the neck position.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Something quite riffing... I like it dark... but what I never really understood - does dark = bassy to a certain extent?

Anyway, in the bridge, something like a SD Invader/Custom or a DMZ Breed or something of that type.

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

It would probably balance okay if you used a high output bridge pickup, but the BBQ has a lot of bass and mids, with less treble. I'm not sure how it would sound in the neck position, which can sound overly bassy with certain humbuckers. Can't hurt to try, and if you don't like it, I can see that pickup working very well in the bridge position of a Strat.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X