pickups...ATTACK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups...ATTACK!

I love a very prominent attack sound on my neck pickup, but still a smooth sound after the attack. I like it to sound like I am doing a rake before every single note (maybe not THAT extreme, but you get the point). What neck pickup would be good for me? My guitar has a hardtail, maple neck-thru, alder wings, and ebony fretboard. I'm looking at a Custom for the bridge, would it work well with the woods in my guitar?

Any DiMarzio recommendations would be good too.
    I get to go to a lot of overseas places, like Canada.
    -Britney Spears

Re: pickups...ATTACK!

For a strong attack and a lot of definition in the neck i recon the Jazz sh2 or dimarzio humbucker from hell , this one has less bass and is more compressed than the duncan .But if you want distortion out of the Jazz you'll have to push the input before the preamp with a dist/overdrive or a EQ boosted in the 800 hertz midds and it work fine (same for the dimarzio it is not a distortion class humbucker )
    fab

Comment

Re: pickups...ATTACK!

perhaps the dimarzio virtual PAF, plenty of low end there as well. If you've got the coil tap/splitting feature this pickup is awesome for that and you get the raking or scraping sound you were looking for. plus in humbucker mode it sings better then a lespaul

Comment

Working...
      X