eddie van halen pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eddie van halen pickup

hi, ive been kind of bored lately and decided to make a frankenstein replica, ive already painted a fender strat body white with black stripes, and set it up pretty well, all i need now is a pickup. i want the closest i can get to the 1st van halen album tone, i already have a marshall tsl100 head with some ****ty peavey cab. i asked gibson and they said to get a 57 classic plus and wax pot it, then angle it a little bit onthe strat. i then called seymour duncan and one guy told me a custom, and the other guy told me a custom custom. ive already taken out the custom from my choices because of the ceramic magnet, so is there any advice anyone could give me? thanx alot.

Re: eddie van halen pickup

Call me crazy but I think you should go for the custom shop "EVH" pickup.

Comment

This issue has been debated here, especially by devout "magnet swappers", but I'd say to use either of these. EVH Custom Shop, Custom 5 (Custom w/Alnico 5 mag),
      or a Custom Custom, but only if you have a bright maple necked frankenstrat.
      I'd stick with one of those 3. I'm a big fan of Marshalls, and the VH tone in general, and swear by C-5's.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

so if its a fender strat with a maple neck i should go for the custom custom, or do you think the custom 5 is better, ive thought about the custom shop evh but its alot of money so ya. do you not think the wax potted 57 classic is a good idea?

Comment

The next best thing to a custom shop EVH model is a Duncan '59 with an alnico 3 magnet.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
          X