banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Seymour Duncan Stealing Pickup Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Seymour Duncan Stealing Pickup Ideas?

Huh?
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
      not upset, so much as rather surprised by the lack of tact you showed in presenting the question in an intentionally provocative manner.

Fortunately, the owners of the forum, and most of the members are gracious enough to answer your questions honestly and forthrightly.

This matter most likely could have been resolved gracefully by the parties involved, rather than a secondhand source.

For the record, I've seen Seymour helping countless players on an individual basis at guitar shows. I've had friends tell me about Seymour's generosity in helping them with pickups. Seymour himself mentioned this in his post on Ampage, except in the context of helping other pickup winders, like Jason Lollar, who said that Seymour had helped him.

Yes, there is a lot of loyalty to Seymour Duncan on this forum, and it's based in large part on the man's character.

Your original question, and your assertions, on the other hand, are entirely inconsistent with his character.

Peace
      Great post Gary. Couldn't of said it any better.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
        Huh?
        Glad I'm not the only one to miss that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle
          Glad I'm not the only one to miss that boat.
          Yeah, I seem to be treading water here as well
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

When it comes down to it, unless Seymour duncan has been charged with patient violation, then they are not doing a thing wrong.
            Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Originally posted by telepicker
              There is also the debate re: Dimarzio and Kinman. Both sides have their stories and both sides have their supporters. Make your own decisions.
              In most things I've encountered in my 43 years on this rock, the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

As far as the Duncan company goes, I've met Seymour and crew on numerous occasions and I can say, I've got a great internal BS Meter. I do not believe this company has been so successful over the years by behaving in an underhanded manner.

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, all you have is your reputation.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
              X