my last pickup selection thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my last pickup selection thread

alright... I'm between the 59b and custom bridge pickups for a basswood schecter. My other pickup posts have been fairly general, so here's a list of basically I want

-super clarity under high distortion, no mushed notes, hear every note in a chord.

-a "big" sound, not compressed, pretty airy, NOT like a duncan distortion.

-not overpowering (but still existant) bass, plenty of mids, it can be fairly bright but highs can't be searing.

-heavy metal capable, with good palm mute chunk.

basically I want a stone temple pilots type tone (think songs like plush or interstate love song, not the mushy, dark sound on down and the like).

will the custom be defined enough? Will the 59 be hot enough? what do you recommend? Any other suggestions?
    thanks,
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: my last pickup selection thread

I get those sounds with my Pearly Gates loaded Les Paul. I suppose the 59 would do well there too, as long as your amp has enough juice.

The Custom does it too (I have one in my Yamaha AES 500), but I like the airiness of the PG better than the aggression and chunk (BIG CHUNK ) of the Custom.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

or you could get there the dimarzio route with an airzone in the bridge and a possibly a virtual paf in the neck

Comment

would the alnico 2 magnet in the pearly gates mush things up too much? or do I just know nothing about magnets
        dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Working...
        X