Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring problems (2 hum with split)

Hello!

I downloaded the page of a wiring of 2 humbuckers with the posibility of splitting them. I,ve tried it in my strat and now there is folowing problem:
    I wired (i hope so) everything as duncan says in the support-area and only the first and fith position of the switch work, and in theese positions both pupīs are working...

What could be the prob? Any ideas?

Greatings Tim

Re: Wiring problems (2 hum with split)

Tim, if you could provide me with the url to the schematic that you used and describe the swiching in your strat it would be helpful.

In the 3 years that those schematics have been posted, I have yet to find an error in them so I'll need more info to figure out what is going on with your guitar.

Robert
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Hello!

Here is the URL to the schematic:

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Tim

Comment

Do you have a side by side steel chassis switch or an inline plastic chassis switch?

I believe there is a typo in the positions of that schematic and I believe that the bridge HB should be split with the neck split in position 4, but that doesn't have anything to do with your problem. I might suggest disconnecting the red/white wires from the switch and checking to see if your positions 1,2 and 3 are at least working properly with the pickups operating on both coils.

If you have an ohm meter you could check the pickups by measuring their DC resistance across the black and green wires while the pickups are disconnected from the guitar and the red/white wires are connected to each other and you can also check the switch for a fault, but that is more common with the inline switches than the side by side models.

Sometimes solder can run down the terminals of the steel switches and you may be grounding out part of the switch with a solder bridge from a terminal to the chassis.

Double check your wiring and if you feel everything is tight and properly soldered then you may have to start checking components.
        www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
        www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
        http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

It is a inline layout switch.

I've checked all parts,the switch, the hums, even the pots, but all parts are totally OK.

Can you tell me the pin layout of the inline?

I suppose its: 123|00|123

Tim

Comment

Could it be the problem, that the 5-way switch's common pionts are connected together by factory? So the can not be "soldered" apart?

Comment

Working...
            X