X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Rebel
    replied
    Re: My Tone Crave!

In the quest for your tone craving, I'd suggest swapping the pickup because it's much less expensive than buying another amp. I don't know anything about the Blue Velvet pickups, but the Screamin' Demon would be ideal for what you're describing. If that axe with a S/D in it isn't open sounding enough, it's likely then that maybe you do need to look into another amp. In addition, you still have the 21 day exchange policy to get another pickup that may work better for you.

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied

i think you're on the right track with the SD.

Leave a comment:

• brinton
    replied

Yeah I just went over what I posted and it does seem a like i'm saying "I don like my amp lets get some new pups" But I have played my uncle's PRS through the exact same amp and i was laying down some pretty cool licks from erruption (van halen). It seemed pretty open and enough power/transparent chunk to do tapping and fast picking stuff and not sound muddy.

Leave a comment:

• DiminisheD-7th
    replied

i think, judging by your description, that getting a new set of pickups will not make you sound better as getting a new amp.
    in other words, its likely that you dont like the tone because of your amp, therefore pickups may not be enough to make you sound like you want.

Leave a comment:

• brinton
    started a topic My Tone Crave!

My Tone Crave!

Alright everyone, I hate being equipment poor. I was playing my strat through my deville 212 with it on the "more drive" channel and I couldn't really even the drive past 4 with out it sounding compressed . I obviously messed around with the settings for eternity and couldn't open my sound at all, I want to get a sound that opens up a lot for the bridge position and that has plenty of punch, power and most inportantly CLARITY. Just so you know right now I'm using typical vintage strat pups. I'm hoping for some SUGGESTIONS on strat size humbucking bridge replacement. I was kinda thinkin a Screamin demon.
    Last edited by brinton; 03-30-2004, 06:23 PM.
Working...
X