• Show
Clear All

• Humbuckers with Single Coil

Hey guys

I have a guitar with

NECK Coolrails (single-coil humbucker)
    MIDDLE Stock
    BRIDGE Duncan Distortion

Can I chuck a true single coil in the middle like the SSL-1 or something like that, or maybe the Hot... to get some good single coil tones?

The stock single works fine volume wise at the moment but I need a better quality sound...

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Humbuckers with Single Coil

Of course you can.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Hehe, cheers, I feel assured now

I have to get a RWRP single, right?

Bee
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Will you be splitting your humbuckers? If not, the wind and polarity are unimportant. If you are, it depends on which coil will be active when split.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Ahh okay, the guy at the local music shop did it all for me. At the moment, the stock middle coil is split. Presumably, stock middle pickups are RWRP. I should be safe with getting the RWRP. Or is that a bit of a wild guess...

Thanks for the help Benji.

Bee

Comment

No problem, but you can't split true singles. I'm not sure which single coil (RWRP or not) you need in the middle if you are splitting your CR and DD.

Comment

Oops! Sorry I meant my 5 way selector goes something like this

1: Cool Rails full humbucking
              2: Cool Rails one coil + stock middle
              3: stock middle
              4: DD one coil + stock middle
              5: DD full humbucking

That being said, I don't know which way it's split but if I assume the middle coil is RWRP... it could be safe, but not safe enough.

I could just go with a Hot or a Classic stack... how do they differ from the SSL-1's and all that?

Bee

Comment

If you go with either of the stacks, you will have to split the stacks also to get humcancelling sounds in positions 2 & 4.

Comment

a true single in rwrp should work in there but if you go with a stack you will have to do more research or maybe someone here knows which coil you should use
                  Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
                  X