pups for LP Studio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pups for LP Studio?

First, what pups come stock in a 2001 studio? How do they sound?

What sounds good in an LP for Rock/metal?? Looking for a versatle neck pup..
    My first thought is my fav combo 59b in neck and C5 brigde, but Ive done that in an explorer, rg570 and strat. (c5 in the strat)

Im thinking about a zakk wylde emg set.. how does that sound?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: pups for LP Studio?

1. 498t (~14.00-14.50K a5) bridge and 490R (~7.50-8.00K a2) neck.

2. I'd say EMG's sound like EMG's in any guitar, wood gets out of the equation. If that's what you like go ahead. But if you don't have tons of racks and pedals you don't need that strong signal of EMGs.

Whatever works for you!

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose
      First, what pups come stock in a 2001 studio? How do they sound?

What sounds good in an LP for Rock/metal?? Looking for a versatle neck pup..
      My first thought is my fav combo 59b in neck and C5 brigde, but Ive done that in an explorer, rg570 and strat. (c5 in the strat)

Im thinking about a zakk wylde emg set.. how does that sound?
      If you are looking for a versatile neck pickup you will not find it in an EMG 85, in a Les Paul neck position it is generally dark and muddy. If you want that type of output get a Duncan Distortion bridge/neck set, it will be more versatile than the EMG's.

Comment

How much gain can your amp provide? If you don't need to drive your amp into distortion with your pickups, I'd go with a PGn and Custom for the bridge.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
          How much gain can your amp provide? If you don't need to drive your amp into distortion with your pickups, I'd go with a PGn and Custom for the bridge.
          Totally agree. Or a Alnico II would do for the neck as well.

Comment

Ive never had Emgs so I didnt know.. Wanna try em sometime but it sounds like I shoul use em in a lesser guitar..
            I want tone and veratility. Slash uses alnico pro 2s right?? love his tone.
            Amp has plenty of gain.. PV ultra plus,

After 3 days of being holding command, I was outbid today, so I prob wont be getting her as I can afford more of a bid..
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

keep looking there are always good lps on ebay. if you love the tone slash gets try an alnico 2 pro set, you don't need high output buckers to get a good metal tone since the amp can provide the gain. also i think that lower output buckers have some more clarity to them.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I say get an alnico 2 pro set for the slash tone thats what im getting.
                Last edited by Dills; 10-13-2004, 02:07 PM.
                PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                Blackstar HT-5
                2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Working...
                X