Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD 59 coil split?

Hello,

i'm new here. Search te faq but couldn't find the answer on previous forums.

Question: Is it possible to split te SD59 in my Pacifica Mike Stern. It's a 2 conductor humbucker, and if it's possible wil it do any good? Maybe more tele sound?

Re: SD 59 coil split?

Welcome to the Forum!

If your 59 is a two conductor humbucker, it's impossible to split without rewiring. If you do want to split your neck humbucker, you need to get a four conductor version. It won't sound exactly like a single coil when split, but it will be close and will giive you another sound to play with. I personally like split humbuckers at the neck of my guitars.

BTW, how is the Stern model? It caught my eye when it was introduced but I haven't gotten around to trying one.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: SD 59 coil split?

Benjy,

thanks for your anwser. Maybe i can trade mine with some one with a 4 conductor cable. Or otherwise i'll go by one

I'm very happy with the mike Stern model, it sounds very nice, and plays amazingly well for a telecaster type guitar. It's got a hotrails at the bridge and the 59 at the neck. So it's accually quit an allround guitar. I play it tru my vox valvetronix ad120vt, and it sounds lovely. With a coil split it will even be even more versatile ....

Comment

Working...
      X