Bridge pup ideas for Yamaha Strat Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bridge pup ideas for Yamaha Strat Copy

My buddy is looking for bridge ideas for his yamaha strat copy. It's an h/s/s pickguard, unknown body wood(most likely basswood), converted to a hardtail. Playing into a '78 Super Reverb(Being modded by Mad Sound). He's previously used a Pearly Gates and a Distortion, but didn't care for the high's. He's looking for something with more prominant mids and warmer highs with a tight bottom end and medium output. Looking at the spec sheet, the CC shows the right EQ. What do you guys think? BTW, he plays mostly blues/jazz type music.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Bridge pup ideas for Yamaha Strat Copy

i think a cc might be a good choice.

alnico II magnets tend to have a warm tone but also dont have the tightest bottom end. that said, i think for blues/jazz itll work well into a super

Comment

If it's a Pacifica (the one in my avatar - mines a 312 ii, middle range model)... then its most likely made of alder.

That being said, I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge.

The Distortion is almost perfect in the bridge position, if not a tad bright - as you've mentioned too.

I go +1 to Jeremy's idea.

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I like the CC a lot too, but if you don't want that much output, the Parallel Axis Blues humbucker might work for you. I say this because I think that the CC is a touch on the hot side of things (outputwise).
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
          If it's a Pacifica (the one in my avatar - mines a 312 ii, middle range model)... then its most likely made of alder.

That being said, I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge.

The Distortion is almost perfect in the bridge position, if not a tad bright - as you've mentioned too.

I go +1 to Jeremy's idea.

Bee
          It is a Pacifica similar to yours, so it must be the alder then. Thanks!
          '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
            I like the CC a lot too, but if you don't want that much output, the Parallel Axis Blues humbucker might work for you. I say this because I think that the CC is a touch on the hot side of things (outputwise).
            Thanks for the input! So how does the CC output compair to the PG and Distortion? Does anyone have a sound clip of a PAB?

Comment

Yep, the only Yamaha guitar thats basswood is the Ty Tabor signature model. All else (with the exception of only a small small few) are made of alder.

Bee
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

CC compared to the PG? The CC is much cmoother in the highsw and high mids and will also be more compressed sounding. Split sounds will also have more authority to them. A lot of people say that the CC has loos low end, but it's pretty tight in my Carvin. In short, the PG snarls, the CC growls. The CC fills the bill as far as what you described as the sound your buddy wants, but I think it's a bit too hot to be called medium in output.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                X