banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to partner the Hotrails in my Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to partner the Hotrails in my Strat?

I have a cool strat copy with a Hokusai custom paint job that I picked up s/h cheaply. It has a Hotrails in the bridge which is great and which makes the stock (Squier I think) neck and middle units sound indistinct and feeble. From reading around I like the sound of Vintage Rails but they are about £80 each here in the UK - any other recommendations? I'm looking for something that will give me typically clean clear stratty tones but which matches the clarity of the Hotrails and which will not hum like a forgetful churchgoer.

Thanks
    Tim

Re: Something to partner the Hotrails in my Strat?

I don't have a lot of experience with SD singles, but I sure do love the matching Quarter Pound set that I've recently installed. They have a great rich, full sound. So much so, that I use that guitar, (see my sig), almost exclusively in the neck+middle position.

If you don't need the "tapped" version, a pair is one of Duncan's least expensive pickups. (Even the tapped isn't expensive.)

Comment

Without hum = Classic Strat Stack, Hot Strat Stack, Vintage Rails, Duckbuckers, etc. Perhaps Cool Rails if you want to split them, I have Cool Rails and they're very good.

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Dimarzio HS-2 in the middle position. In series it has a thick humbucking sound. In parallel, a very Stratty tone-- think Dire Straits.

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions chaps,

Tim

Comment

I'd go with the Hot Stacks... the Classics do not have enough output or bass for me so ifyou can get past the weird look of the Hot Stacks they're great.

Comment

I'd say cool rails or vintage rails. They'll match tonally, and look the same too.

Comment

Working...
              X