replied
    Re: Rio Grande BBQ

DiMarzio Tone Zone, Breed, Air Zone, Duncan JB

I was wondering which pup is hotter and clean up

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    replied

With a Boogie roadking you should have all the gain you need, right? I find that I tend to try and get the heavier gain from the amp these days and less from the pickup. With that said....I think the BBQ will give you a very thick and yes heay tone. In the right guitar it can do quite a bit...clean to mean. The Duncan JB and Custom might be other options. You could also look at the C-5 which is very versatile.

I don't know EB guitars well but I assume Dimarzios are direct replacement. The Air is supposed to be a great pickup and I can imagine a Tone Zone would be great in that guitar as well. If you are looking for the pickup to have enough heat and one that will be right at home, I might say Tone Zone. With that guitar, I'd probably want the added bass of the Tone Zone, Air Zone, BBQ, Custom, or C-5.

Leave a comment:

• boogie
    replied

Thank you!
    I am really into AC/DC, Megadeth, Metallica, Dream Theater, Judas Priest and some 80's metal. I want to swap my stock pups with other hotter pups. The stock pups are PAF Pro, DiMarzio custom wound single coil, PAF Pro, it's a EBMM Silhouette(HSH). The 2 & 4 pickup switch position sounds kinda thin and not warm enough. The bridge PAF Pro sounds not hot enough. I am looking for a hotter pup, but not just stupid hot like DiMarzio X2N. I need a cool distored pup which also has a nice clean. Some nice guys suggested me DiMarzio Air Zone or Breed. I have no idea about those pups because I never used them, so I am worried about Air Zone and Breed are not hot enough for some heavy stuff like my favor bands above.
    I am using Mesa/Boogie RoadKing head and Mark IV head.

Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• papersoul
    replied

What tones are you searching for and what amp?

Leave a comment:

• boogie
    started a topic Rio Grande BBQ

Rio Grande BBQ

I know Rio Grande BBQ sounds really fat, warm, round but I never used it. (Is it fatter more than DiMarzio Breed?) I was wondering how its clean and distortion is. I am worried about whether its sounds muddy, fuzzy especially the clean tone.

If I swap the stock bridge pup with the BBQ, any cool combines for my HSH? Thanks!

Cheers!
Working...
X