I missjudged the Screaming Demon !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missjudged the Screaming Demon !!!

Yes when i said i had to change the allen screws for regular screws to tame the excessive brightness of the Demon , i now found that i was clipping the signal chain so the high end was shrill , now i put back the allen screws and it is as expected ; fast pick attack , bity , full and rich in harmonics .
    The guitar is an Ibanez Roadstar from 85 japan , very volumous, precise neck
    with rosewood .
    The result is way better than when i tried the pickup in my Gibson MIII wich hass less acoustic resonnance and mapple on the neck ( less full )

Re: I missjudged the Screaming Demon !!!

The demon works GREAT with rosewood fingerboards. I dont know if I'd use it with maple or ebony though.

Comment

How is it compared to the demon you have/had in the neck modded with the Humbucker from Hell allen heads? I'm really curious which sounds better

Thanks
      Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
      Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
      Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
      Marshall 2x12 Vintage
      Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
        The demon works GREAT with rosewood fingerboards. I dont know if I'd use it with maple or ebony though.
        This is so true. The Demon in my Rosewood fretboard SG sounds like GOD, full with bite. But the Demon in my ebony fretboard SG sounds thin and flat.

Comment

Nice add-on. Thanks!
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Neeradj
            How is it compared to the demon you have/had in the neck modded with the Humbucker from Hell allen heads? I'm really curious which sounds better

Thanks
            I can't really compare them because there's one in the bridge and one in the neck of two guitars , and between the pole pieces at the time i prefered the dimarzio's but it was a mapple fingerboard in the gibson . But i don't need to mod the demon in the ibanez , it's good .

Comment

Working...
            X