Best P-90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best P-90s

I'm looking at getting a set of P-90s. I've looked at Fralins, Kent Armstrongs, and Duncans. Any opinions on the best, and hoe they compare to Gibson? How about p-100s, are they any good?

Re: Best P-90s

P-100's are an invention of the devil, not that that's a bad thing mind you, heehee.

What type of stuff do you play? I use SD's and Gibsons and play punkish hard rock. I've tried a few others but these are what I always come back to. I love the Custom bridge and I can use near any of the others in the neck. I have a guitar with a mid-50's P-90 and the SD Antiquity P-90's are right there if you want total vintage tome. Otherwise the Gibson are cool and so are the regular SD Vintage P-90's.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Re: Best P-90s

I just bought a Gibson Blueshawk, which come with "Blues 90s". I don't have the guitar yet, but form what I have read about them, I don't know if it is waht I want pickup wise. I like a fat single coil, but it also needs to be able to take some substantial gain. From what I have read, thay don't deal with higher gain very well. They sound like the "Texas Special" Strat pickups, which totally sucked with any kind of gain. I have just been looking into alternatives. I forgot about the P-100s, so those interested me when I saw them. I would like to put a humbucker in the neck without modding it. Who knows, maybe I will like the Blues90s.

Comment

Working...
      X