Neck pup Adjustable Poles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck pup Adjustable Poles

I put my JB to the neck position and I'm really liking it. The question I have is in regard to the adjustable pole pieces. Does it make any difference in tone that they are closer to the bridge, as opposed to closer to the neck as I see in most neck pick ups? I guess, are they different than the non-adjustable pieces? Or is the difference just cosmetic/adjustability? (in that if I adjust them up or down they will be in a position that isn't as close to the neck)

Re: Neck pup Adjustable Poles

there is no correct way to set them up, most people do it the other way but thats just convention. by placing the adjustable coils closer to the bridge, youll get a little brighter tone and maybe a little more clarity. not a bad thing with a hot pup like the jb in the neck

Comment

Re: Neck pup Adjustable Poles

Also, if you need a more open sound (not sure how acoustical it is in the neck) you can always raise the polepieces up so that barely any of the Fillister head is still in the coil.
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Working...
      X