Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage 54's for Tele

Hey,

I'm thinking about putting some Vintage 54's for Tele in my American Standard Tele, but I wanted to know how they differ from the stock pickups that are in my Tele.

If it helps, my Tele has an ash body, and a rosewood fretboard.

Thanks

Re: Vintage 54's for Tele

Anyone?

Comment

well i have never really listned to the pickups in a american standard, but i can tell you what my other duncans have given me over my stock fender pickups. I now use antiquities in almost every guitar, that has duncans that has duncan pickups that is. All of the duncans i have used have had a more pleasing eq, less shrill high end and a tighter low end. the mids on my tele pickups from duncan have been great. this has given me a better overall sound and made me want to play that guitar more. I guess what i am trying to tell you is that you will have more of a vintage sound (with the 54) than you do now with your fender pickups. I personally have not played a fender pickup that i would keep over any of the duncans i own, but i haven't tried their whole custom shop line so... take this as a word of advise from someone that is very hapy with their duncans. Get the 54s you will not be sorry
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Thanks man!

How would you say the '54's compare to the Antiquities for Tele?

Comment

I have the vintage 54's in my american standard tele. the difference is amazing. the output is a truck load more than the standard pickups. I'll never use anything else in a tele. I give the 54's a 10.
          Peewee Moore

Comment

the 54 will have a bit more top end sparkle. now the antiquities have mojo to spare, they are smooth but never muddy. the antiquities are the best tele pickups as far as i am concerned.
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
            X