Little '59 or Dimarzio Pro-Track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little '59 or Dimarzio Pro-Track?

I'm new to the forum, and pickup replacement in general, and was wondering which would work best in the neck position (floyd rose, maple neck/mahogany body) to get a very smooth and warm tone that can still keep up with a more powerful bridge hum? Thanks.

Re: Little '59 or Dimarzio Pro-Track?

Welcome to the forums!!!

I have not tried the Little '59 but I currently use a Pro-Track in the neck position of my Carvin Bolt-T (ash body, maple neck, ebony fretboard with Wilkinson tremolo). I am very happy with it. It is warm and full sounding with singing leads. It holds its own against the hot bridge humbuckers. I have a full size Tone Zone in the bridge which is pretty hot and the Pro-Track fits in perfectly with it. Also, I have a weaker single coil stock Carvin in the middle and when I use it along with the Pro-Track, I get pretty close to a Strat tone (just a bit warmer).

If you have a bright sounding guitar, Dimarzio tech support recommends the single-coil sized Tone Zone in the neck position for the kind of sound you are looking for. But if your guitar is not bright, the TZ will be too bass heavy in the neck.

Comment

Working...
    X