rockabilly pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockabilly pickup?

I'm looking for a pickup that has that old 50s rockabilly sound. I've saw those phat cat sph 90s and was wondering if anybody has heard em yet? I've got an old hollow body univox barney kessel signature, and I'm gonna put something in it to make it wail.
    Peewee Moore.

Re: rockabilly pickup?

how much you askin fer em? I might be interested in the b spec. I also like the T.V. jones pickups, but they seem a little thin. I play a brian setzer hotrod with a set in it.

Comment

thats a pretty good deal on those pickups. I'm gonna look around a little bit, but I'll keep em in mind for sure. I wish I had use for that strat, I never could play em though (volume knob always got in my way)

Comment

Phat Cats or maybe the TV Jones TV'Tron. The TV Tron drops right in a bucker opening like the Phat Cat. I am partial to Soaps but Tron's are great too.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I'm going with the phat cats. has anyone heard them? from what I understand they're SD p90's in a humbucker cover. I've also heard that they hum a little less, and also cancel each others hum when used together.
          Peewee Moore

Comment

i have a phat cat in the bridge of one of my guitars and it sounds great, full toned but with nice bite

Comment

cool. sounds like what I'm looking for.
              Peewee Moore

Comment

I have a Phat Cat in the neck slot of a Tele, and it's fat and clear with growl and bite.

Comment

anyone have a set in a hollowbody? just wondering what the sound difference is

Comment

I have a set in an Epi Sheraton. It's semi hollow, but they do sound very nice. Lots of air to the notes, but with a solid foundation. CLeans are spectacular, and the OD's are what you would expect from a good P-90. With these in my Epi, it'll do Jazz, rock, funk, blues, and country without any problems. I highly recommend them.
                    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

hell yeah. anybody on here play any rockabilly? old stuff like the Johnny Burnett rockabilly trio, or Sun era Elvis, Carl Perkins ans so on?

Comment

I'm starting to get into that style of music. Loved it for a long time, just never played any. Got a afriend in a rockabilly band and it's way fun jamming on that stuff.

My main guitar for that setup is an Epi ES-295 with a Bigsby. It's a twangin' mofo!!

Comment

actually a set of 59's would work

or maybe a twangbucker/59 set

i got a 59 in a basswood tele, and well, basswood responds a lot like hollow maple IMO, and it sounds great, full, with bite & just a hint of twang. 2 59's would be more setzer sounding, twangbucker/59 would be more around the country area
                          Originally posted by gibson175
                          metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Gretsch Filtertrons, absolutely. Total rockabilly.
                            www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Anybody here play Psychobilly? It's like rockabilly only about vampires and crap.

I dunno, I had to post SOMETHING.

-X
                              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                              X