Ceramic Pickup Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Pickup Covers

Do they exist and if so, does anybody have a link to where I may get them?

I am looking for BLACK ones btw.

Thanks in advance

Re: Ceramic Pickup Covers

What do you mean exactly ?
    You want covers made of ceramic ???!
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

For some reason I thought there were covers that were made out of ceramic...

Anyways, I am looking for some black covers that are not made out of plastic and has no holes in them.

Comment

Issh.. I think you'll have a hard time finding them... is there any particular reason why you dont want covers made of plastic ?
        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

dude......that'll kill the pup.....you're blocking the magnetic field of the pup.....i don't even know if the string vibrations would actually pick up......
          Guitars:
          87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
          86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
          87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
          Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
          Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
          Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

Originally posted by dalastcaffeine
            dude......that'll kill the pup.....you're blocking the magnetic field of the pup.....i don't even know if the string vibrations would actually pick up......

A metal cover w/o screw holes wont hurt the magnetic field more than a standard metal cover (think nickel or chrome). For example, the gibson-made Tommy Iommi Signature pickups dont have any screw holes on top.

Comment

Ehm, DLC, Not everything Ceramic is a Magnet

But I donīt know of black covers that arenīt plastic, with or without holes. Iīve seen black chrome on axes before, but never available separately. FWIW
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

i know bro...thats not what i meant.......try taking two magnets and put them on each side of a ceramic dish or something.....the magnets don't stick to eack other....thats what i mean :P...
                Guitars:
                87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:

Comment

i know bro...thats not what i meant.......try taking two magnets and put them on each side of a ceramic dish or something.....the magnets don't stick to eack other....thats what i mean :P...
                  They donīt stick to my ceramic plates (to my Wedgewood china, for that matter)

Thatīs what I was getting at. There are different types of ceramic materials, just as there are different AlNiCo "grades". Some is made to be heat resistant (Space shuttle), some Magnetic (magnets), some for other off the wall applications

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

yea..thats what i meant....a ceramic pup cover would block of the magnetic field that is use to pick up the string vibrations making the pup useless.....
                    Guitars:

Amp:

Comment

yea..thats what i meant....a ceramic pup cover would block of the magnetic field that is use to pick up the string vibrations making the pup useless.....
                      ....Again, only if made of a ceramic material specifically designed to have magnetic properties. And even there, only in theory, actual results depending on the magnetic polarity and strength of the cover.

But A Pickup cover (if it existed) would most likely be comprised of a material designed NOT to be magnetic

Comment

Working...
                      X